Climate Jobs Illinois
Job Title: Campaign Mobilization Director
Contract Details: $7,000 a month consulting fee (January 2022 – December 2022)
In coordination with Climate Jobs Illinois Executive Director and Executive Committee:
- Develop a political and community outreach plan to promote the Carbon Free Schools provisions included in the IL Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (SB 2408). Advocating and educating various aspects of legislation in front of local school boards and other relevant bodies.
- Leverage Climate Jobs Illinois Executive Committee member engagement, specifically with the Illinois Federation of Teachers and Illinois Education Association, to support grassroots engagement targeted at local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Coordinate with Climate Jobs Illinois Communication team to develop a Carbon Free Schools communication strategy, including social media, press outreach, digital advertising.
- Build and manage grassroots and community organization/stakeholder support for Carbon Free Schools.
- Create a local and state elected official outreach plan to build support for Carbon Free Schools initiative in broader energy legislation.
- Provide mobilization planning and support for all Climate Jobs Illinois 2022 initiatives. This will include but not limited to, State Capitol and in-district lobby actions and community mobilization efforts on behalf of Climate Jobs Illinois initiatives.
Send resumes and any questions to Joe Duffy: email@example.com.