Climate Jobs NY Policy Platform
Read about our platform in-depth in “Reversing Inequality, Combatting Climate Change: A Climate Jobs Program for New York State.” by Dr. J. Mijin Cha and Dr. Lara Skinner.
1. Retrofit all public schools.
Retrofit all public schools in New York State to reach 100% of their energy efficiency potential by 2025.
2. Reduce energy use in public buildings.
Reduce energy use in all public buildings by 40% by 2025.
3. Expand access to residential retrofit programs.
Streamline and expand access to residential retrofit programs.
4. Install 2 GW of solar energy on public schools.
Install 2 GW of solar energy on public schools by 2025.
5. Install 2 GW of utility-scale solar projects.
Install an additional 2 GW of utility-scale solar projects.
6. Install 7.5 GW of offshore wind by 2025
Install 7.5 GW of offshore wind by 2025.
7. Repair and expand New York City public transit.
Bring New York City public transit to a state of good repair and expand service.
8. Establish a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) program.
In Upstate New York, conduct a feasibility study of updates on BRT routes. In New York City, add two new BRTs—Bush Terminal to JFK and East Bronx to East Harlem.