The Climate Jobs National Resource Center (CJNRC) is a labor-led organization that works to combat climate change, create good union jobs, and reverse racial and economic inequality by building a worker-centered renewable economy.
The Administrative Assistant role is critical in supporting our mission through supporting executive-level staff as they focus on developing our major strategies, engage with donors, industry leaders, labor leaders, policymakers, and other allies.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The description below is a summary of the work required and should not be treated as a complete list of duties to be performed by the successful candidate:
- Provide high-level administrative assistance to executive-level staff, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications and some project management;
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records:
- Supporting the Executive Assistant to the ED in organizing internal, external and governance meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and preparing other materials for a successful meeting;
- Managing calendars and scheduling internal and external meetings for CJNRC management;
- Supporting internal and external inquiries related to the work of CJNRC;
- Coordinate and arrange travel for CJRNC management.
CONTACTS: Include assistants to labor leaders, internal managers, executive-level staff, and officers
DIRECTION AND DECISION MAKING: The position reports to the Executive Director or his designee and is expected to be a self-starter who can anticipate need and work independently with a high level of accountability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College or Jr. College degree preferred but not required. Three to five (3-5) years administrative work experience that demonstrates high-level organizational skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong clear written and verbal communication skills. An ability to maintain privacy and discretion across our team of staff and donors. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priority projects and meet established deadlines. Comfortable with spreadsheet, presentation, and database software, including all Google Workspace applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position is 100% remote, working from home.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary range starts at $59,000. CJNRC offers an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents, a dependent care assistance program, and generous time off.
SEND APPLICATION WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant application”
This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. Job descriptions do not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity or responsibility that is required.
CJNRC is committed to equal opportunity, and encourages applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, genders, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran status. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.